Google+

More Dunc and Loo comics by John Stanley and Bill Williams

Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1  1_11
From Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1
Dell Comics by John Stanley and Bill Williams
Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1  12
Click on any page to open up
a nice BIG vintage comic book scan
Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1  13 Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1  14
Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1 15 Around the Block with Dunc and Loo #1 16

…and check out the new collection of Melvin Monster comics by John Stanley.

It’s really a beautiful book…and the comics are FUNNY (and weird)!


PS: --- in case you missed the last post,
more Dunc and Loo Comics are HERE.

7 comments:

Sanjay Jha said...

Nice Cartoon!!! U know I am your follower I just like to ask u do u made ur cartoon by ur self

Will Finn said...

Nice! I am a new convert to Stanley, he's got a real gift for funny situations and good characters. Simple without being too prosaic and "zany" without straining.

This has nice art too. Thanks for the scan.

Sherm said...

Hi Will...I'm pretty new to John Stanley, too---but there are so many cartoonists that I know and respect who are big fans that I had to check him out. Thanks to blogs like Stanley Stories (see sidebar) and reprints, I can finally see what all the fuss is aboot!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know Bill Williams history? Did he once work for Walt Disney? I have some signed cartoon drawings that he did for my sister & I about 55 years ago when my Dad took us to his home in NY or CT. Would this be the same cartoon illustrator who created the Disney caracter "Jose"?

Bingham said...

Dear Anonymous
I realise this comment is over 2 years later but I also have some original cartoons by Bill or Billy Williams and they are certainly many years old. I have tried in the past to trace a background to this artist but not succeeded. If you have any details I would appreciate them. My e-mail is chrismbjones@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about him either, except that he worked on Henry Aldrich from at least issue 2 to 18 (1950-53), possibly doing ALL of it!

Sherm said...

Thanks for the info about the Henry Aldrich comics! I just looked through my scans and I can see Bill Williams great art on all those issues...Thanks for the tip!!!